Ah, coffee.. The lifeline of all generations. My family tends to go through one large coffee container every month because we love it that much! This much consumption, however, leads to lots of empty containers. So, here are 9 ways you can repurpose them.
1. Use as holiday decorations: With just a little bit of creativity, you can turn them into holiday themed decor. Cut out a hole, paint and put a battery-operated fake candle in the middle for a low effort, but cute lantern.
2. Use as a bird feeder: Cut a hole in the front, fill with seeds and hang it from a tree or place it on a high space. Then watch as your yard becomes a haven for birds (potentially squirrels as well)
3. Store Art Supplies: The larger containers are the perfect size to hide paintbrushes, pencils, erasers, sharpeners and small tubs of paint.
4. Store Dry Cereal/Grains: When I come home from my bulk food store, I put my pasta, couscous and cereal in them.
5. Plant seeds in them: I'm currently growing Artichokes, Swiss Chard and Common Fig in a few of mine!
6. Compost Starter: Put your food scraps into it and let nature do its thing!
7. Golf Hole: Dig a hole in your backyard, insert the container, then fill in along the edges. This is a great activity to have children practice hand-eye coordination.
8. Bank: Dedicate a container to one coin value, and watch as they build up. You can label it with your goal purchase (trip, coffee fund, phone upgrade)
9. Noisemakers: Make drums for kids, or fill with beads and use on New Years Eve to ring in the new year!
Submit your repurposed coffee containers to our Instagram for a chance to be featured in our stories :)